We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

HI, I am taking the overnight EN 477 Metropol train from Prague to Budapest, leaves at 00:05 and reaches at 8:35am. have booked the 2 berth compartment but does any one know if it has a shower in it?

thanks

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

The car that goes from Prague to Budapest doesn't have in-cabin showers, but there is one for use by the whole carriage. The two-berth compartments are second class - usually it is only the 'deluxe' compartments that have the showers, but not on this particular carriage. Each cabin has a washbasin, though.

www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/CZ/CD_WLABmee.php

If you booked for June then it may be that you were put in an older type carriage which doesn't have a shower www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/CZ/CD_WLAB.php - it will state your carriage number on the ticket that you got from Czech Railways (hopefully you booked it through them and not an expensive re-seller).

Szada, Pest, Hungary
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

Maybe you can take a shower at the station in Prague... Supposedly there is a shower cabine

USA
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

There are no showers aboard the VS Orient Express so close your eyes and imagine that you are traveling in luxury. The Danube Express on the otherhand is civilized.

new York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

ok. great...my wagen no. is 375....but i dont see that on the website http://www.vagonweb.cz

Edited: 11:03 pm, May 15, 2012
new York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

found it EN 477.

www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php…

and as per that it says shower is some compartments.. so i hope we have one....

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

It all depends on which carriage they put on that day, and you will only have a shower in the compartment if you paid the single compartment supplement (first class ticket plus €90 supplement - it is very expensive) so you would certainly know about that. And as you booked a two-berth compartment, that is second class, so you won't have a shower in there, unfortunately.

Szada, Pest, Hungary
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

I tried to find this information on the website of Hungarian railways; they say that the waggons consisting of 2-3 person cabines (not the ones with 4-6 person couchettes) USUALLY have a shower. Since this train comes from Germany, supposedly you will have.

But I find an interestimg notice regarding this train: it leaves Prague after midnight, meaning the "next" day (which is the same as the arrival date); be careful with the date when you book your ticket, you should not select the date when you go to the station, but the next one!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

Yes - there are separate sleeping cars that come from Berlin, and only one that comes from Prague only. They all have showers (except for the very old ones), but whether it is actually in your compartment or not depends on the type of ticket you have, and if you bought a first class ticket you would know about it as you would have had to select it when purchasing and it would be extraordinarily expensive - for two passengers it is 5367 crowns, or 209 euros, each with your own compartment, possibly (but not guaranteed) with a shower. By contrast in a double (second class) it is 3045 crowns (118 euros) for two passengers, so if this is the amount you paid then that is your answer :)

new York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

yes, that date was something i just realized at time of booking the tickets..00:05am so it the next day...

I have taked the 2 berth compartment..i think i paid 182 euros in total.

My wagen no is 375 berth 32 and 36

Edited: 9:31 am, May 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EN 477 Metropol Prague to budapest ..shower in train?

So from that I can tell that you will not have a shower in your compartment as if you had bought a first class ticket you would have paid a lot more than that.

Where did you buy it from at that price? Hopefully you didn't use a re-seller such as 'Czech transport', Rail Europe, Eurail, etc. But if you did, you'll know for next time where to get tickets at the proper price :)

For tickets on this route www.cd.cz/eshop - English top right, print the tickets off at home for free.

Edited: 9:51 am, May 16, 2012