We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

I arrive at Budapest Airport at about 11pm. My hostel is in city centre, near Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út (near Oktogon Metro to be precise!)

For what i have found: I need to take 2 buses. First, I need to catch the Bus 900 from airport. BUT, WHICH STOP DO I NEED TO DROP OFF from Bus 900 so I could catch the Bus 950/950A to get to city centre??

Also, WHERE DO I BUY THE BUS TICKET? ARE THERE TICKET MACHINES OR DO I BUY FROM THE BUS DRIVER?

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

Actualy take the b300 to the final stop which is the underground station. Take the underground to Deak Ter and switch Underground lines to Octogon. Honestly seeing that its your first night, quite late, and you have your bags use the airport minibus service which for about 10 Euros takes you direct to your address! Bus tickets are about 1.20 Euros

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

I believe the Metro stops running at approximately 11 PM.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

Hello Silents L,

you can use google maps to estimate your trip (does not always work, but in your case it does). Your trip by public transport would be approx. 1.5 hour arriving at 0:30 am... Definitely not recommended. Metros won't be running that late - just as oddone123 remarked.

Here is the route to your hotel - bus 900, then bus 914, then tram 4 or 6. Sorry, here comes a long ugly link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1185+Budapest,+BUD+Nemzetk%C3%B6zi+Rep%C3%BCl%C5%91t%C3%A9r,+Hungary+(Liszt+Ferenc+International+Airport)&daddr=Budapest,+Oktogon,+Magyarorsz%C3%A1g&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=47.461987,19.163589&spn=0.116753,0.306587&sll=47.463147,19.146767&sspn=0.11675,0.306587&geocode=FcHG0wId9OolASGhmkNQpvakTA%3BFavg1AIdeuIiASmh8GJ3btxBRzE4DQVZwjiArg&oq=oktogon+&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=05%2F12%2F12&time=11:00pm&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ls&t=m&z=12&start=0

Stockholm, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

Kommer till Budapest flygplats kl 00.10. Hur tar jag mig till centrum?

Finns det en minibuss från flygplatsen till centrum? Vad kostar den?

Stickan

Exminster Exeter...
Level Contributor
2 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

Catch the shuttle bus from the airport it will be quicker and easier . the return journey is easy .From Nyugati railway station Metro to Kobanya Kispet ( last station ) then the 200E bus from outside (,follow directions for airport bus ) this stops at the airport T2 If you have a travel pass you can use this or you will need one ticket for the Metro and one for the bus

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,020 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

A taxi will cost about £20 from outside of the terminal.

7. Re: Budapest - Night - buying a bus ticket at airport? Where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 23, 2014