We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

Reading, Berks
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

I want to take out several whole cakes from this place. Someone has told me they dont do cake boxes, which is preposterous, it's one of the finest cake shops in town.

Please tell me that, if I buy a whole cake to take away, they'll stick it in a card board box and we can carry them. albeit carefully, to central station as part of our train picnic.

if they dont have boxes then I'll just bring several anyway, but that's surely not neccessary, is it ?.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

My recollection is that they have cardboard boxes that are both sturdy and attractive, but why not write to them and ask:

for the Pest center shop on Kossuth Lajos utca: flora@auguszt.hu

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

What Lord forgot to mention is that there will be 15 of them walking around in July in the afternoon sun for two hours. His selections were turo torta , somlos, and a Dobos Torta cut into 15 pieces. Perhaps if the cukraszda lined the box with a plastic bag they could enjoy a sweet cheese soup once they board the 19:10 for Bucharesti. I suggested some linzers, beigli and etc.

Reading, Berks
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

my shopping list with 2 cakes, the chocloate cake and a cheese cake, is perhaps overkill, the issue is, can we get one iof these from a cake shop and onto the train and wash it straight down with a crate of cold beers.

Actually, there's one called Lokomotive, right ourside Keleti, I wonder if anyone has tried iin there ?.

Reading, Berks
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

I think lokomotiv' is in the station. I guess if it was in any way noteworthy there would be some kind of review of it.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

if you are going straight to keleti from the Auguszt .... a simple and straight metro ride (2 stops) or bus ride or even walk, you should be fine (unless you drink the beers first and gesticulate wildly while holding the cake boxes)

Reading, Berks
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

yes, that was the idea, pick the cake up last thing and aim for the station. it will be about 5:30-6pm (need to make sure the cake shops dont shut early),

it's likely that we may have had to sample the palinka at some stage durring the day though .....

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

they say on their website that they are open until 19:00 weekdays, 18:00 weekends ... in a pinch, if they are closed, the Jeg Bufe is just 2 blocks closer towards the river on Kossuth Lajos; a second choice, but not a disappointing one

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

Don't know if the Jeg Bufe is open even that late. I did recommend that if they insisted on cheese in the heat they get a box of taskas. Much better than trying to eat an oozy cake on the train.

Reading, Berks
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

Jeg Bufe is open till half past 9 Monday to Friday.

These places have sturdy cake boxes, it's not going to be hot at 5pm. it's not far, we like cake, it's a national delicacy, can we move on now ?.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Auguszt Cukraszda - fine patisserie/konditori

Dear Sir!

I am the owner of Auguszt cukrászda. We would be happy to provide you with cakes (in boxex). I can also send them to you by post! It is possible to order Sacher, Blaha Lujza, Puncs cake. I can also send you beigli (diós and mákos)

Yours sincerely, Auguszta (pavilon@auguszt.hu)