We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Budapest

cleveland
14 posts
4 days in Budapest

I will be in Budapest for about 4 days in early April. Can anyone suggest an itinerary? walking tours. We plan to take one tour to Szendre(sp?). A Danube boat ride? must see places and restaurants?

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: 4 days in Budapest

I would recommend a 4hr city tour in the first full day, this helps get to know the city and find your way around, the river trip by night, the baths in city park, at least 3hrs in there. Margaret Island and a return to places you saw for longer times that you did on the trip. The indoor market and so much more there is loads to see and do and it is easy to get around. Enjoy

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
2. Re: 4 days in Budapest

Can you buy Levi jeans in Budapest and where ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
205 reviews
3. Re: 4 days in Budapest

I found shopping for clothes, shoes, etc to be quite expensive. Cheapest Levis I saw were in the Westend Shopping Centre for €60.

Ireland
1 post
4. Re: 4 days in Budapest

Definitely reccommend the baths in city park. Also the castle area, the parliament, walk through city park.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
152 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: 4 days in Budapest

Hi

Have just returned from 3 days in Budapest and it wasn't enough! We enjoyed visiting the baths in the park although we never quite worked out how to book a massage. Good advice was to visit afternoon/evening as it is nice and relaxing after a busy day. St Matthius' church was beautiful. House of terror very interesting. Went to the Jewish museum which seemed expensive for what was there. We did a 3 hour tour of the city - not sure if it was worth the money - get a travel pass and a good guide book and do it yourself! The other thing we enjoyed on Saturday morning was the indoor market - ate an 'interesting?' cheese and apricot pastry and a coffee - very cheap - most of the locals were drinking beer, wine or schnaps at 10a.m. We also had breakfast in a little sanwich shop which displayed open sandwiches in the window - very popular with the locals and again ridiculously cheap.

It is worth booking restaurants if you want a particular one at the weekend - we tried to get into cafe kor but it was full.

Don't bother with airport shuttle bus - regular bus and metro were easy, convenient and cheap. Info booth at the airport will tell you where the bus stop is.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
6. Re: 4 days in Budapest

Rjoc, thank you for you reply. A pair of red tag Levi cost around $AUD 100 . So 60 euro isn't bad.