We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maximum luggage weight on Europe airplains.

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Maximum luggage weight on Europe airplains.

We will have to fly from Budapest to Venice.

Maybe someone knows what is a maximum weight for one person on airplaine inside Europe. One time we had to pay extra on a flight from Dusseldorf to Nice. We didn't know that it was a limit.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
848 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maximum luggage weight on Europe airplains.

Figure out what airline you are taking and go to their website for information. I know that Air Berlin has a 1 44-pound bag per person limit, but they are a discount carrier.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maximum luggage weight on Europe airplains.

Thank you very much, ratinthekitchen! I have to ask our travel agent about airline.

Thanks again!

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maximum luggage weight on Europe airplains.

Thank you very much, ratinthekitchen! I have to ask our travel agent about airline.

Thanks again!

Germany
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maximum luggage weight on Europe airplains.

I know that German Wings has a limit of 20 kilos, with 5 kilos for the carry-on. I would expect others to be about the same. The way I think they make their money is by charging about 7.00 Euros per extra kilo. From where I live, that amounts to about the same as the price for an air mail package. It is expensive to go over the weight allowance.

Maybe you can check the website of the airline you want to use to make sure of the specifics, or phone them up. But also check what they charge per minute for their information line via the telephone. German Wings charges close to one Euro per minute for the phone calls!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Maximum luggage weight on Europe airplains.

Have you made your reservations for that flight? With all the chnages in the past years your choice might really need to reflect overweight luggage rules. When we went from Budapest to Rome on Malev (Hungarian airlie) years ago we had no problem - and plenty of pieces with up to 72 lbs in each! But the cheapest Malev flight was the purchase of a roundtrip - with the return tossed out, as our "open jaw" return on Northwest/KLM was from Rome.