We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport - airport

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oip
uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
public transport - airport

does any one know whether a one week public transport pass is valid for traveling to and from the airport?

is it possible to buy a weekly pass at the airport

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport - airport

yes of course its valid. but i dont think you can buy that at the airport, at the airport you can buy a single ticket, and you can buy the weekly pass at kőbánya kispest metro station, where the airport bus arrives first.

oip
uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport - airport

many thanks to budapest183

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport - airport

I was going to ask the same question, thanks for the answer budapest183!.

Is it possible to buy a single ticket at the airport from a booth, as I don't think we will arrive in Hungary with coins to put in a machine? Thanks in advance.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport - airport

I am not really sure but I think yes you can. Or you have to use a taxi which is not cheap.

Your first question you should to ask there but I think yes for a higher price - so you don't really need it if you want to stay in our country and not at the airport...

When will you come to Budapest?

Ancsi

oip
uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport - airport

Just came back from Budapest, it was wonderful.

To get from the airport ( Terminal 1) by public transport you need to go to the kiosk in the airport foyer (you can't miss it).

Buy a one-way bus ticket which costs 185 forint.

Come out of the airport and turn left (follow the signs). You need to take bus no. 93 or "REPTER BUSZ". The stop for both is about 50m

to the left on the main road (the bus runs 10-15 mins). Take the bus direction "KOBANYA-KISPEST" (don't worry about when to get of as it is the last stop!)

"KOBANYA-KISPEST is the Metro station where you can buy the ticket for the rest of the journey at the Ticket Office.

You can buy any ticket you want. For example a weekly pass costs 3,400HF.

They do speak english at the ticket office.

The bus journey takes 11 mins and the metro journey takes 20 mins to the centre.

quick easy and cheap!

thanks again to Budapest 183 and all the nice Hungarians

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public transport - airport

Thank You!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public transport - airport

Hi All! I will be arriving with my husband and two children from NYC. The Hotel Meridien can provide us 4 with a hotel car to pick us up for 10,000 HUF. Is that a reasonable price for door to door service? How much difference is there between that and a taxi?

We will be tired and disoriented, so I want something convenient, but not unreasonalby priced. It's comparable to a NYC taxi going from one of our major airports into the city, but maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
203 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: public transport - airport

Mini-bus from airport is the best. Just returned from Budapest. Very efficient and reasonable.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: public transport - airport

well, for 4 people to meridien? its a lot more expensive than normal taxis, double price!

airport minibus is the best, if you travel alone (its aroun 3700 huf, but pro person). if you are 4 people, you can call a taxi, there are fix shuttle prices at some taxi companies. it takes maybe 4thousand forints. for 4 people, door to door. definitely cheaper than 10.000 forints.

hotel-taxi-services are always much more expensive than normal taxis. of course, they have nicer cars, mercedes, and things like that, and everything, but if u are lucky, you got a normal taxi which is a mercedes as well. if you are not so lucky, its a smaller car, but still fine.

oh, and your welcome to the others, im glad i could help and u enjoyed your holiday. :)