We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting engaged!

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting engaged!

Does anyone know of a romantic place to propose? I'm planning to do it on valentines day but I need to manipulate our plans to make sure we end up there!

I'm assuming that it'll be cold so may want something inside?

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
139 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting engaged!

That is so wonderful! There are tons of beautiful restaurants with gypsy violinists. I'd think something up on the fort near the Matyas Church or near the Chain Bridge

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting engaged!

what about the fountain on margaret island with the music playing softly over the load speakers, the fountain dances to the blue danbue music very dramatic on a cold crisp day, not wet and horrid it is a lovely quite spot. ahh. if it was wet and cold there is the fisherman bastelle and the special little church steeped in history on the Buda side, there are many nice restaurants, but of course you could do that in London. Good luck.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting engaged!

My last bit is the same place as the 1st answer, it is a lovely location, but was busy in Oct, may be more peaceful in Feb.And if not rushed by a tour guide then hey presto wait a little while and admire the view. If you are there a few days before have a city tour and then mark your spot.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting engaged!

Did she say yes, and where did it happen. Hope the trip was amazing.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting engaged!

She did say yes! (Eventually!) She was stunned into silence for about 10 minutes!

Thanks for all the advice. I proposed outside the Fisherman's Bastion / Matyas Church looking over the Danube. It was about 9pm on Valentine's Day

It was covered in snow and lit so magically, it seemed like a fairytale setting - absolutely perfect!

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting engaged!

Fntastic congratulations it is the only time she will be quite us women know how to talk, it sounded perfect.

kent, uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting engaged!

Congratulations! I read your post a while ago, and was waiting to hear how you got on. Congratulations again!!!