We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about transportation and places to stay in...

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Topic
Question about transportation and places to stay in...

My girlfriend and I are planning to go to Budapest in May and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. How is public transportation (bus, trolley, etc.) in Budapest? Is it easily accessible around the city? I also don?t know if I should find an apartment around vaci utca and pay more to be closer to the tourist attractions or find something (cheaper or same price but better) a little further away and just travel to the attractions (vaci utca, baths)? Plus it might be quieter further away from vaci utca. Can somebody suggest places to stay that are about 15 to 20 minute walking distance away? I don?t mind walking, actually I?d prefer to walk to my destination and see things on the way that I might have missed if I took a train/bus. I don?t want to sound demanding, but I really want to plan everything ahead of time to see as much as I possibly can. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Belgium
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about transportation and places to stay in...

Some days before my wife and I stayed in a very nice downtown apartment near the pedestrian Vaci street for a 5 days. This is the best location of

the Budapest, because everything at your hands! Even on the oposite side of the street you have a supermarket with an excellent hungarian wines!:)

This apartment I found there: …hoteltargets.com/budapest-apartment-accommo…

We had a realy good experience. Cosy, clean apartment with a balcony, friendly staff, not expensive! We realy felt the luxury

like in any hotel! We can recommend it...

-dries, Antwerp

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about transportation and places to stay in...

Public transportation in Budapest is pretty good. I mean you can go wherever you want with public transportation, everything is accesable with it.

Its all the same I think, you dont necessary have to be at vaci utca, coz everything is usually very easy to reach with the transportation system. its hard to tell any place, you should choose one, than i can tell you if its at a good location or not. :)

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about transportation and places to stay in...

Yes, public transportation is very good!

You can go with it almost everywhere in Budapest.

It doesn't matter where you find a place to live at; me, for example, sometimes come into an other city nearby sometimes go not too far from the city center in the evening.

For you I suggest to live in Budapest, at Buda side!

As here things are not so close - it won't be enough 15-20 minutes walking to the best places!

You should to look around here, on the net.

Ancsi

4. Re: Question about transportation and places to stay in...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:47 am, August 04, 2007
warwickshire
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about transportation and places to stay in...

went for a weekend two weeks ago and loved it. The transport is brilliant and cheap we went to train station and got a three day travel pass for about £6 and used the metro loads. its safe and the people are approachable, freindly and obliging.just mingle in we even had people asking us things.we stayed at the best western premier parliment hotel which was great value. great location. top tip change your bucks on the main streets and not in the train stations.we were offered 301 for sterling at train station but got 375 on the main street at cambo booths. originally i thought we would be a bit out of it at our location but opera and basillica were just 10 mins walk away. hope you have a really good time dont forget camera sights are awsome