We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buda or pest

Herts
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buda or pest

Hi

I am taking my husband to Budapest for his birthday. I have got the flights and am now looking for a hotel. I have never been before and want to know if it is better to stay on the Pest side or the Buda side.

Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
298 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buda or pest

Pest because nightlife is better on that side, more restuarants, and the Opera etc.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buda or pest

Buda side is lovely with the hills etc Pest has more going on and is flatter, however it is so easy just to pop across from one side or the other as transport is wonderful, of course you could plum to be right in the middle and stay on the lovely Margaret Island.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buda or pest

I'm glad I stayed in Pest because I wanted to be close to restaurants and nightlife in the evening. I was happy to walk over to Buda in the daytime to do the sightseeing over that side of the river then.

It depends on what you are looking for in the area you stay.

England
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buda or pest

MrsP you asked the question I was just going to - thanks.

We are going to stay on Pest side, can anyone recommend a good/high standard hotel very central.

Thanks in advance.

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buda or pest

I've been to Budapest many times and we have stayed on both the Buda and the Pest sides. I like Pest because of Vaci Utca (pedestrian street with shops and restaurants). My favorite hotel is located here: The Hotel Taverna.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buda or pest

More things to see on the Pest side. Hotels seem to be more upscaled. But go see OBUDA and 3 great museums. Folk, Varga, Vasrelly.

John

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
7,038 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buda or pest

If you like life & bustle choose Pest, If you want charm & calm choose Buda. I stayed at the hotel Victoria in Buda. Superb views, good standard, but a bit noisy.