We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

35+ Group Tour Itinerary Feedback Request

Harrisburg...
14 posts
Save Topic
35+ Group Tour Itinerary Feedback Request

I have a tentative itinerary below. Was wondering if there's anything else a must do that I should include or delete? It's an adult group 50+ yrs old.

Thank you!

Itinerary:

Day 6 Wed, Nov 10 Arrive in evening to Budapest from Prague, that had an orientation tour at Bratislava.

Day 7 Thur, Nov 11 Morning city tour features the Mathias Church, and the Fisherman’s Bastion. Then onto historic old Buda and Gellert Hill, with the Freedom Monument. At Heroes Square. Enjoy time on your own. Or join an optional guided tour of Parliament, the caves under Castle District, and Terror Háza.

Day 8 Fri, Nov 12 DAY TOUR TO EGER full day sightseeing incl. visit to the Prison and Waxworks Museums, the Cathedral, and many late-baroque buildings and other historical landmarks. Then spend time at leisure. We’ll then taste local wine in one of the wine cellars. Returning to Budapest for the evening.

Day 9 Sat, Nov 13 DAY TOUR TO SZENTENDRE Visit the Caprice Hungarian Jewelry Center, and enjoy coffee & cake in the traditional Café Nostalgia. Return to Budapest and enjoy the day on your own. This evening, enjoy a special renaissance-style dinner at a local restaurant.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,645 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 35+ Group Tour Itinerary Feedback Request

Skip the tour to Szentendre, from other postings they spend far too long at the jewelry centre (*** knows why, Hungary is not famous for it's jewelry), and spend the day in Budapest. For a start, you could go to Szechenyi or Gellert spa for a couple of hours, visit the national museum, the national gallery etc etc.

Also, skip the caves, waste of time, but don't skip the Terror Museum (make sure you get an audio guide).

Slightly confused, you say 35+ group tour, then you say 50+ do you mean there will be 35+ people ?

Harrisburg...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 35+ Group Tour Itinerary Feedback Request

Thank you for your feedback! I'll have 35+ people that are in their 50s+.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,645 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 35+ Group Tour Itinerary Feedback Request

If you are desperate to see Szentendre then catch the HEV train from Battyhany Ter metro station, but quite honestly you have so little time I would stick to Bpest.

Of course the reason for the stop at the jewelry centre is so that you will buy loads of stuff and the tour company gets a kickback: I seem to remember a poster a while back saying that they spent two hours in Szentendre and two hours at the jewelry centre - not what you want, I suspect.

4. Re: 35+ Group Tour Itinerary Feedback Request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 25, 2010