We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villages near budapest

manchester
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
villages near budapest

i will be staying in budapest July for 4 nights.are there any nice villages i could visit within an hour train or tram journey.somewhere to have a walk around and a cold beer or two,just to get out of the city for a few hours.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,760 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villages near budapest

I can't speak to villages, but there are a number of places you can walk around in in Budapest itself that do not feel like 'the city.'

1) The campus of the Budapest Technical University.

2) Get up to Citadelle, and walk through the woods around it. (I think you can get a cold beer - at a probably inflated price - up there.

3) Take the Children's RR to an intermediate stop and have a walk onone of the several trails.

Budapest is unusual (IMHO) for having so many places inside the city limits that do not feel ar all as though one is actually 'in the city.'

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villages near budapest

in July, for four nights, the name of the game is the weather ... all other things being equal, Margaret Island or the Roman baths along the river just north of the city will give you all the respite you'll want on a pleasant July day ... add the Szechenyi or Gellert indoor/outdoor baths and you'll be out of the city ion spirit and soul ...

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villages near budapest

If you find that Budapest itself is not enough for you, there are several day trip options to villages/towns within 45-90 minutes from Budapest.

- Vac (by train from Nyugati station)

- Visegrad (by train from Nyugati station or by hydrofoil along the Danube)

- Szentendre (by HEV train from Batthyany Ter)

- The Royal Palace at Godollo (by HEV train from Ors Vezer tere)

- Esztergom (by train from Nyugati station)

- Tata (by train from Deli station)

Cheers

Mutiny

4. Re: villages near budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 27, 2010