We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Airport to hotel.Should we book before we go?

Carlisle
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Taxi Airport to hotel.Should we book before we go?

There are five in our party so we'll need a slightly larger car to transport us to our hotel in Pest.Is it best to book on line before we go or will it be easy to pick a taxi up at the airport?

How much will it be for the return journey. Many thanks.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Taxi Airport to hotel.Should we book before we go?

if there will be like 5 of you, its better to take a taxi than using the minibus service, since if u use the taxi u pay for the car, if u travel by minibus, u pay per person.

there will always be taxis available, but you can also make reservations ahead.

http://www.zonataxi.eu/en/tartalom/fooldal/

it was like half a year ago when i made reservations ahead with zona taxi, but back then it was like an extra 500HUF to reserve a minivan in advance (that would accommodate 5 passengers), and an other additional 500 HUF (they said its the cost of their hostess waiting for you in the arrival hall witha sing with your name on it :) ) if u dont want to do that, u can always take 2 cars on spot.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
553 reviews
2. Re: Taxi Airport to hotel.Should we book before we go?

I wouldn't worry about a booking - just head straight to the Zona Taxi counter after you collect your bags. It is a set price to Budapest of either 4,800 or 5,000 Forint.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,410 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Taxi Airport to hotel.Should we book before we go?

Zona is reliable and consistent but drivers sometimes charge extra for larger vehicles and not all the drivers are very good. One friend had a catastrophically bad experience with a Zona driver (plainly not Zona's fault, but they did little to address it after the fact). I use the same driver whenever i go (he drives for Zona as well), but he meets me inside the terminal, speaks some English so he has been helpful when I have had lost luggage or a ticketing problem, and charges the same rates. You can book him via email at alajos@bvr.hu His car may be too small, but he has a colleague with a large van; just tell him the number of people and bags.

4. Re: Taxi Airport to hotel.Should we book before we go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 22, 2009