We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Manchester
Level Contributor
405 posts
34 reviews
3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Hello,

We are traveling to Budapest in Feb. I would like to take the train from the airport. Is the 3 day travel pass avaialble from the airport station and is it valid for the journey from the airport to the centre.

Also,

I am visting Aquaworld and have been kindly told by the people of the forum that I need to depart at a certian stop. How would I know what stop to get off at?

Many thanks for your time.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
1. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Hi, I don't think the 3 day travel "pass" is valid on the train. There is cooperation between the public transport company of BP and the train company but I think it only means that actual passes are accepted on traings and the 3 day ticket is a "ticket" and not a "pass".

By the way, the "train station" at the airport is not a real station but a stop for trains passing by and there is no ticket office or booth there so you have to buy your ticket at the airport.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
13,249 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Which terminal are you flying in to ? they are some way apart, and only one is served by the train.

Manchester
Level Contributor
405 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

We are flying to terminal 1 with Jet2.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Then you are in luck - the train stops at Terminal 1.

The 3-day travel BKV pass is not valid on the train, it is valid on public transportation. To take public transportation from the airport requires a bus, then a change to the Blue Line metro. However, there is no way to buy this pass at the Airport. You would need to buy a single ticket for the bus, then purchase the pass at Kobanya-Kispest. As mentioned, you'll need to buy a regular MAV train ticket to ride the train from the airport.

And then I don't understand the Aquaworld question - are you trying to get to AquaWorld directly from the airport? I'm not very familiar with this place, but I would assume that their website would want to give you proper information on how to arrive via public transportation.

Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
5. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Hi, try Budapest Airport transfer, is quick, cheap and easy. Do not waste your time since probably you got a very cheap air tkt. Please be sure to validate your subway tkts before you take it, nobody advice you about this.

www.budapestairporttransfer.hu/prices.html

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
13,249 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

What Nyuszi means is that the BKV ticket is only valid on the Metro, Buses and Trams - not trains.

Manchester
Level Contributor
405 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

First of all thanks for your replies. I will catch the train from the airport. I would like to get a taxi but with the British pound being weak I need to be extra careful.

I have not explained myself properly. I am trying to kill 2 questions with 1 post. Not usually a good idea.

During my time in Budapest I am going to visit Aquaworld. Thanks to the people of the forum I have discovered that I need to catch the metro to Ujpest központ and catch the number 30 bus to Homoktövis iskola, stop 13. As a tourist how can I know when I am at the correct stop to get off at. I don't think I have the eye sight to count everystop.

Again many thanks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
62 reviews
8. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Ahhh, I can't say for sure that this is the case for Route 30, but many busses in the BKV fleet are quite modern with automated announcements of the stops as well as the LED display showing the current and next 2 stops. Maybe whoever suggested this route has been on the bus and can confirm or deny?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
9. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

I haven't been on this bus but Aquaworld has a huge glass dome that you may be able to see from the bus.

Otherwise the next stop after Homoktovis iskola is the last one on the line and it's only 2 minutes away so you only lose a few minutes if you go to the terminus and get off at the first stop on the way back.

Erd, Hungary
Level Contributor
215 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: 3 Day Travel Pass + Bus Stops

Usually every bus stop has a bus-stop sign with the name of the stop on it. I'm also not familiar with that line but if you print all the stops of line nr.30 from the BKV homepage (www.bkv.hu - it has english version too) you can follow where you are looking at the bus stops.