We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Budavar Pension?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Budavar Pension?

Greetings all - I'm visiting Budapest with my girlfriend for 2 nights in September and I'm looking for a place for us to stay. A B&B is preferred over a standard hotel. Our budget is (hopefully less than) $100/night.

I heard someone recommend Budavar Pension, however I'm concerned that they don't seem to be listed here at TA at all. The only review I found via Google was on Yahoo Travel, and it was less than stellar.

Does anybody have any firsthand knowlege of this place?

Thanks much or any info or other suggestions!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Budavar Pension?

Look into charles hotel. it's either charleshotel.hu or Hotelcharles.hu - it's a bit dingy and loud, but the staff are very helpful and it's quite convenient by bus to the city center. The price is very good and the rooms include kitchens.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Budavar Pension?

Another option you may be interested in is renting a self-service apartment. You don't get the breakfast, but it is a nice alternative to hotels and you can get a great place in a good location for under 100 EUR.

3. Re: Info on Budavar Pension?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:25 am, October 08, 2009