We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriot Millenium Court attractions near it?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Marriot Millenium Court attractions near it?

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out and provide me with some tourist information.

Can someone please give me a few good restaurants to go to that are located near or close by the Marriot Millenium Court where we will be staying in June.

What pubs/bars/night life spots would you recommend?

We are only in Budapest for 2 nights. What sights are a must to see?

Would you recommend changing money prior to visit or once in Budapest?

Thanks in advance for any help.....Cheers!!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriot Millenium Court attractions near it?

Hi CatOscar,

Let's see if I can help a bit regarding your questions.

- There are a host of excellent restaurants in walking range from your hotel. A couple of recommendations include: Tussana Trattoria and Cafe Kor. Each is searchable on the web.

- Must see sights. Wow - depends upon taste. I would walk the castle district (all sides). This will offer excellent views of the city and allow you to see the interesting landscape. Museum - House of Terror offers a historical perspective of what the locals experienced in about 2 hours. Excellent selection if rainy. A boat ride is always nice. The Parliament and Grand Synagogue are awesome architectural examples not to be missed. Even if you don't take the tour, walk around the perimeter. I could go on, but I am sure others will help...

- I suggest using your ATM card versus changing money. While your bank will likely charge you a percent or two for an international transaction, it will be cheaper than the 3-4%++ the exchanges will take from you. Budapest has countless ATM's including at the airport and train stations. Use them and save yourself a few dollars.

I have a Budapest overview I have written for visiting friends and family that contains a long list of my favorite sights, restaurants and pubs that may help you. Many are well within walking distance of your hotel. Contact me off-line and I can send to you.

Happy travels!

Jeremy

2. Re: Marriot Millenium Court attractions near it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 30, 2009