We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quick trip to Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
165 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
quick trip to Budapest

My friend is getting married in Budapest on april 27th sundayafternoon If I fly out from pittsburgh on Friday what can I do there on saturday and part of sunday?

I do not speak Hungarian.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: quick trip to Budapest

Lots of things. :-)

Why don't you start at the 'things to do' section instead of the forum?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quick trip to Budapest

Sleep ;-)

If you fly from Pittsburgh on Friday, you are probably arriving early afternoon on Sat and will have lost the night of sleep to the flight. So, don't discount your jet lag in making plans.

As you will find from information in the Know Before You Go section and by searching this forum, you don't need to speak Hungarian to be a tourist in Budapest.

California
Level Contributor
165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quick trip to Budapest

i made some change to the plan.

I am now flying out thursday to vienna. Will be there friday morning. spend friday in vienna and take the morning train to budapest. spend saturday and sunday (including afternoon wedding) in Budapest and fly back monday.

I have travelled all over the world and i sleep on the night flight and do not get jat lag.

MAs a family,we usually takes longer trips but this is just a short trip (a chance to drop in on these two cities and marriage being the excuse).

The reason I did not look up the "things to do" and asked the forum instead was because people here do come up with strange, funky rather than the usual touritsy things that i can do just for each day.

I was not looking for a grand tour of the cities

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quick trip to Budapest

Honestly, on a short trip, doing some of the touristy things gets you the most bang for your buck. Szechenyi baths, a meal in Liszt Ter and a performance in the Palace of Arts is probably what I would pack in if I only had about a day.

California
Level Contributor
165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quick trip to Budapest

thanks!

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: quick trip to Budapest

I'd climb up to the Palace or Gellert Hill for the views.

7. Re: quick trip to Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, September 09, 2009