We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-day travel pass question

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
19 reviews
3-day travel pass question

Please can someone confirm for me that this ticket is valid for 3 days (eg Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) rather than for 72 hours from the time of validation?

It may seem a trivial point but I will be in Budapest for about 72 hours but this covers 4 days.

Thanks for your help.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: 3-day travel pass question

Yes, a 3-day pass (turistajegy) will be valid until midnight on Tues. if you purchase it on a Sunday.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: 3-day travel pass question

It's valid for 3 days. The day you bought it and the following 2 days. Unlike the Budapest Card, it is not valid for 72 hrs from the time of validation. You might note that the 7 day travel card is not a great deal more expensive than the 3 day one, and both are considerabley less than a Budapest card.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: 3-day travel pass question

Thanks very much for the helpful replies.

I'll take a look at the 7-day pass (I think the thing that put me off that one was the fact that I'd need to a photo for that one.)

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: 3-day travel pass question

No, no photo needed. (I've had 4 of them in the last two years, and have never needed a photo. It's the hetijegy.)

Liz

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: 3-day travel pass question

Oh, that's great news, thanks for that. I'm not sure where I got it in my head about the need for a photo for the 7-day pass.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: 3-day travel pass question

I think the 3-day travel card is 3100 HUF, and the 7 day one is 4000 HUF for 2008. I know that the 3 day Budapest Card I got in 2006 was 5900 HUF, and I'm sure it has gone up considerably since. Only advantage there (IMHO) is that one can purchase them at the airport, whereas one has to get to an open Metro station to purchase a travel card.

7. Re: 3-day travel pass question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 17, 2009