We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For tourists: Rudas bath parties are back

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hungary
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
Save Topic
For tourists: Rudas bath parties are back

The famous bath parties organized by Cinetrip restart from 15th December 2007.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
871 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For tourists: Rudas bath parties are back

what exactly are these? not famous enough I've heard of them over here! :-) do you have a link?

Hungary
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: For tourists: Rudas bath parties are back

Hi,

These parties took place in Rudas Bath and later in Kiraly Bath but were suspended last year because of disagreement between organisers and bath management. These events were quite popular amongst tourists (mainly younger generation). Several foreign newspapers (Newsweek, a The Times, La Repubblica) wrote about it.

Check this site to see what is it about:

http://www.cinetrip.hu/

Not updated information is available yet (except from the front page) but I think that more information is coming soon.

More information available on the net: Google "bath party or(parties)" "budapest" "cinetrip") There are several articles available in English too.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For tourists: Rudas bath parties are back

They were really under the radar, mostly local students and music/art scene folks through at least 2003-04. So don't feel bad that you hadn't heard of them. I went to a number but never ever saw a tourist there. I guess that bubble has burst along with the stag party takeover of all the good bars.

ha ha, I'm becoming a bitter old lady about the "old days" in Budapest. I'll stop now!

4. Re: For tourists: Rudas bath parties are back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 12, 2009