We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area to stay ?

Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which area to stay ?

We are a group of 50 year old female friends wanting to book a trip to Budapest for 4 days.

Which area would be best for us to stay in to ensure we are not too far out of the centre and not in a noisy "young" area

We want to see all the major attractions and a good 3* hotel

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
berlin
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area to stay ?

If you stay anywhere within the circle road you have a great location. So the downtown of Pest, I would not stay in Buda, as Pest is better, but maybe in your case as you are older ladies Buda would be an option too. For hotels I think good ones are the Astoria Hotel, the City Ring Hotel, in Buda the Charles Hotel. You can also think about apartment rental, it's sometimes better than a hotel and of course much cheaper. Good apartment rentals you can find on google: fovarosi apartment, mamma mia apartment, superchargedroom.

Tipperary
Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area to stay ?

Tut, Tut...50 aint old, in fact its the youth of old age, so my son told me 2 years ago. Anyway Pest is the best, Districts 5 or 6 are easy walking distance to all the major sights and bars etc. Also agree that a quality Aparthotel or Apartment rental is the way to go, but next best is a great little Hotel in Revay St(I think), called the K & K Hotel, got branches in London and many other world capitals...enjoy ladies, shake a leg.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area to stay ?

Ah, IrishJohn has a good memory as the K & K Opera Hotel is indeed located on Revay u. 24. Must be the Guinness :) An apt. hotel by the name of Radio Inn has received good reviews and has one & two bedroom apartments available that should be able to accomodate your group. It's considered to be in Outer Pest, but a short walk to the metro (subway) that will whisk you to Central Pest in minutes. radioinn.hu.

4. Re: Which area to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 12, 2009