We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Budapest Bars

Kerry
1 post
Save Topic
Cool Budapest Bars

Hi,

I'm going to Budapest in November, and was just looking for bars which are traditional, cool, laid-back, not full of tourists (like me!!), unusual, good selection of drinks, etc.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Budapest
Level Contributor
547 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Budapest Bars

Here's a start:

worldsbestbars.com/public/…

The cafés in Liszt Square, are very touristy, but not so much during the winter months. These places are generally pretty good about having a good selection of drinks. Many other bars have bartenders that don't really know how to make a basic drink like a dry martini. At least in Liszt Square they make a good variety of mixed drinks well.

Others cool bars off the top of my head are Szimpla, West Balkan, Morrison's Pub, Old Man's Pub.

I'm not certain that Corvin Tető, the rooftop open air bar on top of the Corvin department store, has closed for the winter yet, but it'd be worth checking out if the weather gets a bit warm like it is supposed to in the near future.

Mentioned in this post
Szimpla Cafe
Szimpla Cafe
537 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Corvin Hotel Budapest
Corvin Hotel Budapest
197 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
2. Re: Cool Budapest Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 11, 2009