We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants

home
2 posts
Save Topic
best restaurants

What would be considered the best restaurants in Budapest in regard to quality of food, atmosphere and value for money

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
204 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants

I recommend the "Pannonia" restaurant on the corner of Pannonia and Radnoti Miklos, just a few blocks from both the Parliament or Nyugati station. They serve a huge selection of traditional Hungarian fare which is both hearty and delicious, and the prices are very low by Western standards. Our two soups, two main courses, vegetable side dish and bottle of good red wine came to under HUF 4000 (��11 GBP or 15 EURO). They are often busy, so perhaps drop by to book in advance.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
298 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurants

http://www.bestofbudapest.com/awards2004.html

here you have the best restuarant according to Budapest Week.

London
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurants

I really like "Sir Lancelot" near the Nyugati train station. It is a medevial times themed restaurant that serves delicous food for reasonable prices. Make sure to make reservations for busy evenings especially between 8 and 10pm as there is live entertainment at these times.

I also like the irish restaurant on Raday utca which serves very nice beef filet and other such things.

Hope this is of some help.

Nicholaj

http://www.gotobudapest.co.uk

Stroud...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best restaurants

Try Costos at the top of Raday utca.

Very good modern food and very reasonable.

��25.00 for 3 courses for 2 with drinks.

Tim

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best restaurants

Just returned from Budapest, wonderful time as the weather was glorious. Best restaurant we found was Fatal (read about it on this site), and it was excellent. It is on a side street off the Vaci utca in Pinter ut. Portions are huge so don't order a starter unless you share it with someone. They prefer reservations but we managed to get a table without one.