We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Money

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
96 reviews
Changing Money

Hi, thanks in advance for any help offered...

I am aware we can change money once we are in BP but we are travelling by train from Vienna and need money to pay the taxi who will take us to the hotel. So just concerned about arriving with only Euros or GBP in my purse!!

Any suggestions to ease my worries

Thanks!!

7 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Changing Money

Which station are you arriving at and where's your hotel? It might be easy enough for you to get there using the metro/tube.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Changing Money

Make.sure you phone reliable taxi like city taxi or fo taxi or use the taxify app (much like Uber but see.price as other taxis)

All take credit card.

Farmington Hills...
Level Contributor
28 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Changing Money

We were just there last week. They take euro in the taxis as well. You’ll just get change in forint.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
96 reviews
4. Re: Changing Money

Thank you for the replies and information provided...we are arriving at Keleti station we are staying Mirage Medici Hotel (but may change this choice as a little unsure about it) they have offered to arrange a taxi for us.

We are not there until 13th October so I am just doing more research on hotels and locations etc etc

Edited: 9:25 am, September 22, 2018
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Changing Money

You can catch bus 30, 30A or 230. Catch it across the street from Starbucks and Burger King in front of the station(on the keleti side).

Check on the price from the hotel...I would expect under 2000 Huf (about 7 usd)

I am not a fan of the hotel location...I work by there and it is far from the sites except hero's square and there are few restaurants and bars nearby. Two good places are plataan and paprika.

Do not use euro...the driver will surely give a horrible exchange rate.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
96 reviews
6. Re: Changing Money

Thank you cpfoutz, that is very helpful 😊

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,841 posts
63 reviews
7. Re: Changing Money

There are ATMs at the station. You can buy bus tickets or a bkk pass at a bkk ticket machine using CC, machines have an English option.

Reply to: Changing Money
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted