We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Budapest

Mumbai, India
4 posts
Parking in Budapest

Any tips on free or cheap parking in Budapest?

7 replies to this topic
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,793 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Parking in Budapest

Why? Are you planning to drive from Mumbai. You will not need a car in Budapest, public transport is amazing, cheap, frequent and everywhere.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: Parking in Budapest

Hello Pradeep,

There is free parking on most weekends in the city (Saturday and Sunday). I say most because there are weekends - 6 this year - where Saturdays are work days and parking is not free.

There are areas in districts on both sides of the river with free street parking, however these tend to be in quieter, non-central neighborhoods.

As stated above, cars are not necessary in the city but obviously if you’re driving in you’ll need to park. How long do you need to park the vehicle? Is it a luxury vehicle or standard? (vehicle theft still occurs). There are paid parking lots and decks in the city for varying fees where your vehicle will be safe(r) - depends upon your needs and goals.

Give us a bit more insight so we can help you more specifically.

Best,

Jeremy

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Parking in Budapest

Hello, i was just gonna ask the same question, I d like to park my car to some strategic and free place and roam around the city by walk and public transportation. Are there some malls that offer free parking for 7-8 hours.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Parking in Budapest

Arena plaza seems to be good option

Mumbai, India
4 posts
5. Re: Parking in Budapest

NO NO, not driving from Mumbai! We are doing a road trip in Eastern Europe and would be around Budapest for a couple of days.

Mumbai, India
4 posts
6. Re: Parking in Budapest

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for your information - appreciate that. Since we are on a road trip and have the car for the week, I felt we must use it to the best extent possible. I would not mind paying to ensure the safety of the car. So if you could suggest some reasonable parking lots for a few hours that would be great.

We are not aware of the best places to see in Budapest yet so if you could suggest the same and then we could pick a parking lot closest to that - it would be perfect.

Thanks again,

Best

Pradeep

Mumbai, India
4 posts
7. Re: Parking in Budapest

Thank you very much.

Reply to: Parking in Budapest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted