We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Location

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Central Location

I am planning a trip to Budapest in April and I was hoping someone could give me an indication of where the best area to stay in the city is? I would ideally like to be central to all the major landmarks and attractions. Any help would be very much appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Israel
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
82 reviews
1. Re: Central Location

We stayed in the Prestige Hotel on the Pest Side. It was a few minutes away from the Chain Bridge, and we were able to walk to all the sights that we wanted to visit.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Central Location

We really liked our apartment near the Opera House. Truly close to everywhere and the Opera metro

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Central Location

If you look at the top questions to the right of the screen, this is dealt with there.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
82 reviews
4. Re: Central Location

Recently looking to book, also. Seems that the most central area is District V, Inner City..

Farmington Hills...
Level Contributor
28 posts
96 reviews
5. Re: Central Location

We stayed literally a few feet from Dohany Synagogue. Our little group thought it was a great location.

penna
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Central Location

we stayed right on vaci street and loved it. We could get any where we wanted to go very fast.

Reply to: Central Location
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted