We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

Vienna, Austria
1 post
Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

Hi all,

My girlfriend and myself are traveling from Budapest airport in two days. We are coming by bus from Vienna to Kelenföld station and arriving at around 22:10, the flight is at 6 AM.

We were thinking to grab something to eat in the city and then head to the airport to spend the night there. I am looking online for options to get to the airport from there, but I just found a line called 100E, which I am not so clear as to where it is leaving from.

Any suggestions how to get there at night?

BR

6 replies to this topic
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
5,009 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

Easy Peasy...M4 Metro line from Kelenfold to Kalvin Ter. The 100E picks up there to the airport. Last bus is 11:30. The Metro line is the newest line in Budapest and quite fast.

The challenge is finding food in that area at that time...most restaurants close at 10 and you'd be hard pressed to get a sit down meal in before the last bus. I'm sure you can find some pizza slices. There used to be an irish bar with decent food on the side of the mercure, but it looks to be closed.

Istanbul Kabab is open til 3 AM and is quite busy at another location. Also Pointer Pub likely serves food late.

Public transit switches to a system of night busses after 11:30. It is not recommended to take this path after that switch. If you want to have a real meal or see a bit more of the city, you can catch a taxi out to the airport for roughly 22 euro (6500 HUF plus tip). Make sure you call or use an app to flag City Taxi, Taxify or Fo Taxi...don't grab one off the street. If you don't have international service, pop into a hotel and ask for city taxi by name. They will call you one. Alternatively you can enjoy the city for the night and catch the bus at 4:00. Make sure you pick it up at Deak Ter as reviews indicate it fills up before Kalvin Ter. If you are not checking bags, 4:00 will get you to the airport in time. If you are checking bags, you're risking it a bit, but should still be fine.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,793 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

The last bus is at midnight, according to the BKK website: but finding somewhere to eat will be your problem. You won't be in the city until 10:30.

I think you need to decide what you want to do, or how much you want to spend.

You can do it cheap by doing as Chris suggests, taking pot luck eating near Kalvin Ter and then catching the bus - 6 euros. Or you can find somewhere you fancy to eat, but then taking a taxi, which will be more expensive both for meal and bus (22 euros).

Get fo taxi and city taxi numbers into your phone now, both have websites.

Budapest
Level Contributor
679 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

If you take the green metro line to Kálvin tér, you can then walk down Ráday utca which is a long street that has a variety of cafes, restaurants and pubs. You will likely find something if you get there by 10:30.

This web page will give you a short overview and where it is on the map: https:/…

MOUNT DORA
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

My question is the opposite, how to get to Kelenfoe train station from the airport via bus?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
5,009 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

The opposite...100E bus to metro line 4 which ends at kelenfold

MOUNT DORA
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Getting from Kelenföld to Budapest airport

Thank you,