We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
68 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

We are planning to visit Budapest for the first time this coming September. We're having some difficulty deciding whether to spend 4 or 5 full days. I would appreciate any thoughts/advice. We like to do things at a "relaxed" pace and also enjoying seeing some less-visited sights in addition to the major attractions.

Thanks !

10 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

I could easily spend 5 full days in Budapest and I've been before a fair few times. It's a fantastic city. But that's me, Budapest is 100 percent my cuppa tea.

What are you hoping to get out of the trip, what are your likes / dislikes?

If you tell a bit more about yourself and what interests you when you travel you will get more informed replies.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,410 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

Budapest is all about a relaxed pace; if that includes eating, drinking, cafes, music, spa visits, and culture, 5 days may well seem like nothing at all.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

I spend 90 days each summer, so yes 5 days.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,303 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

If you have any leeway with your dates you might want to overlap the wine festival which is held in early September ---> https:/…

And we're already booked for our 7th or 8th 10-day trip this October.

Pjk

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

September is good. If you enjoy opera there is a free performance outside the opera house second weekend and third weekend. Which coincides with a food truck festival on Andrassy. Then after the Octogon are craft booths and stuff for kids. I think there is also either a chocolate or wine festival on the plaza in front of the Basilica the same weekend. We are flying in August 1 to October 30.

To PJK are you aware that starting May 5th you can fly non-stop into Budapest on American airlines roundtrip from Philadelphia. I don’t know if that is convenient for you.

Edited: 5:41 pm, January 15, 2018
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,303 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

I'll check those Philly flights, but my trusty traveling companion comes down from Westchester County in NY and we meet at Newark.

Thanks

Pjk

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

It is only 1 flight and gets into Budapest at 9:30 am. We are taking when we travel this summer.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

My original plan was four days (five nights) until I actually started trying to lay out everything that we wanted to do. I ended up adding a night so we'd have that extra day.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

LOT airlines also has a direct flight out of Chicago beginning in May.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?

The LOT flighrs I believe are alternating with flights out of JFK or maybe Newark, not sure which. One or 2 non-stops per day.

Reply to: 4 or 5 Full Days in Budapest ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted