We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danube river cruise

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Danube river cruise

I am wanting to take a trip down the river and heard there are river cruises.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about them, where's the best place to get tickets and the best one they would recommend?

Is it best to do it on a day or evening?

Thanks for your help :)

3 replies to this topic
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Danube river cruise

Hi Tamsin,

At the most basic levels - most boats are the same. Offering one-hour cruises up/down the city center sharing spectacular views of the city. I prefer sitting outside on the boats weather permitting as we can see and take better photos.

I really enjoy the nighttime cruises, or at sunset as the city is truly beautiful as the riverfront architecture is strategically illuminated. But....many others prefer the day time.

Prices vary by boat line, and I'd suggest looking for the bargain, because again - its the city, not the boat itself that's the focus. Tickets can be bought on the boats which dock on the Pest side closest to the Erszabet bridge. I do not recommend a dinner cruise, as there is simply too much superior food offerings on dry land.

I believe you can google and see many options.

All the best,

Jeremy

Edited: 4:26 am, September 23, 2017
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Danube river cruise

Thank you very much for your help

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danube river cruise

Don't be tempted to eat on the boats, far better food can be found on dry land.

Reply to: Danube river cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted