We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thermal baths in Budapest

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
Save Topic
Thermal baths in Budapest

Hi everyone

I was wondering if you usually take a shower after spending time in the thermal baths in Budapest? I would assume you do, but I am in doubt because I thought you might not because you wouldn't wash of the minerals of the thermal water. But I don't know if it matters.

Does anyone know if it's normal to shower or not to shover after the thermal baths?

Thanks in advance.

12 replies to this topic
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
76 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thermal baths in Budapest

Having gone to hot springs in the US, I wasn't sure if the thermal bath water would leave a smell on the skin. It did not - there is no odor. I did shower after spending about an hour between a couple of baths at Gellert, and a quick trip in the (very hot) sauna. I was very relaxed, but also a bit sleepy for the rest of the day.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,295 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thermal baths in Budapest

We were in Budapest during the Christmas and New Years holidays a few years ago. We visited the Gellert spa and soaked for a few hours then got dressed and left, but we went right back into the hotel. Off to the right of the lobby is a nice bar ---> https:/…image-M.jpg

Pjk

Reply to: Thermal baths in Budapest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted