We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Railway Museums and Steam Agricultural Budapest

Leighton Buzzard...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport Railway Museums and Steam Agricultural Budapest

I am trying to locate the National Railway Museum for Hungary with the turntable in the middle Is it near the Nyugati palyaudvar. I dont want to walk too far due to a badback!

Also I believe there is another transport Museum in the Varosliget Park . Are they all closed on Mondays?

I understand there may be something at Godollo Palace ??

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Railway Museums and Steam Agricultural Budapest

K��zleked��si M��zeum (Transport Museum)

Hours Tues-Sun 10am-5pm

Address XIV. V��rosligeti krt. 11

Transportation Trolleybus: 74 from K��roly k��r��t (pick it up on Doh��ny utca, across the street from Doh��ny Synagogue) or no. 72 from Podmaniczky utca, near Nyugati Station

Phone 1/343-0565

Prices Admission 400 Ft ($1.80) adults, 150 Ft (70��) children

Frommer's Review

Located near the Petofi Csarnok in the little-visited southeastern corner of City Park (Varosliget Park), this wonderful museum, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1999, features large-scale 1:5 models of various kinds of historic vehicles, especially trains. The museum also exhibits vintage motorcycles and bicycles, early model cars, and antique horse buggies. A model train set runs every 15 minutes on the mezzanine level; follow the crowds. On weekends a film on aviation history is shown at 11am. The gift shop features all sorts of transportation-related trinkets. An aviation exhibit is housed in the Petofi Csarnok, an all-purpose community center nearby; a single entrance ticket is valid for both exhibitions.

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Railway Museums and Steam Agricultural Budapest

Hungarian Railway Historical Park

Address:

1142 - Budapest (Pest)

Tatai ut 95.

www.museum.hu/search/museum_en.asp?ID=76