We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

I have 18days on ground, 20 Days to be exact 30th April - 20th May, with arrival to Budapest at 0720am on 1st May and leaving via Istanbul on 20th May 0120hrs.

This would be my updated schedule,

Budapest ( 2 days )

Ljubljana ( 1 day )

Lake Bled ( 1 day )

Zagreb & Plitvice NP ( 2 days )

Sarajevo ( 2 days )

Mostar ( 1 day )

Dubrovnik ( 1 day )

Kotor ( 1 day )

Skopje ( 2 day )

Sofia ( 1 day )

Istanbul ( 3 days )

I have 3 extra days in hand.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,275 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

Just as a comment, by my count you will need 11 different hotels most of them for only one night. This seems like a challenge to me.

Pjk

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

Youre right, not sure where to cut as everywhere is beautiful. Should i omit sofia?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

How do you plan to get between these places ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

Public Transport.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

Hello sLapshock,

I understand one wanting to maximize their holiday and see as many places as possible. But....your quality time spent across this list will be marginal at best. You'll always be click watching, wondering when the next train, bus, plane leaves.

At a macro level, I'd reduce your target list of cities in half. You're quality will increase exponentially. Now, to suggest specifics it would be great to understand your primary interests and likes.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,275 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

Consider a change in terminology to start. People always write that they have so many days... Rather, think in terms of nights. I think two nights is a minimum for a stay in one city. Two nights means part of the day of arrival for some amount of exploration and dinner, then a full day without the worry of leaving that day. And finally, part of the day you leave. This brings your eleven cities down to five which is still too many, IMO, but starts to become manageable. And for what it's worth, we just spent eleven days in Istanbul and didn't run out of things to do.

Pjk

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

Thank you guys! My interest; Old town and its balkans beauty.

Ive visited istanbul before.

8. Re: 3 Weeks from BP to Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 23, 2018