We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK citizen visa- do I need one?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
UK citizen visa- do I need one?

I'm a UK citizen wanting to travel to Budapest for a few days soon. I've read I do need one and it's maybe £70 for the privilege but was told by a UK citizen who recently went there that he didn't have a visa nor paid for anything.

Can anyone shed any light?

Pecs, Hungary
Level Contributor
87 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: UK citizen visa- do I need one?

sorry about being obnoxious :-)

It does not matter how far we are and if we are important or not. The point is that we belong to the EU.

Here are some sentences from the website of the UK Embassy in Hungary:

"Entry requirements

Passport validity

For stays of up to 3 months your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you do not need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

British citizens do not require a visa to enter Hungary. If you intend to stay more than 90 days, you must register with the nearest regional Immigration Office. For further information, contact the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy, London."

You can check also the website of the UK Embassy:

Kind regards,

12. Re: UK citizen visa- do I need one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 20, 2015