We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 week trip

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
3 week trip

Hi,

The general travel arrangements haev been made for our europre trip... 3 weeks, early summer, 1 family (2 adults, 2 teens). we will be flying to Austria, then driving to Hungary to visit family in szombathely, doing some touring around hungary for a week... But then we have 2 weeks to spend... Our return flight is back in Vienna again.

Can anyone recomend a set of places, attractions to see in that General section of Europe for our remaining time, based on our group? By general area, I mean we probably don't want to go over to England, Spain, Portugal, France... anything that far west.

The kids are not ones that would enjoy touring to see all the churches, and taking museum tours all day (and neither are we, honestly). So, where would you guys recomend going to... ?

Thanks in advance!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,644 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 week trip

Prague (Praha) is about 300 miles from Bpest, and you can drive through Bratislava on the way. Or you can head East through Eger to Western Romania via the Hortobagy Nat Park.

australia
Level Contributor
633 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 week trip

i put a post about something to do in budapest in the vienna forum by accident!

j.

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 week trip

hmm.. romania eh? Interesting. Now, I'm not putting it down, but rather just trying to find out: Is there enough to do in Romania for 2 weeks? or so, and if not, Which area would our next trip be to?

(this is not to rule out any other suggestions from others, I'd still be intrested in hearing others... Remember that for most of the first week, I'll be in WESTERN Hungary... Maybe only a couple days in Budapest)

Thanks so much so far!

Hungary
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 week trip

Lake Balaton?

http://www.vendegvaro.hu/en/balaton

5. Re: 3 week trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 25, 2009