We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

Which Piran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ft lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
99 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

Is is possible to drive from Ljubljana to Koper to Izola to Pirano during a full day trip. We plan to hav lunch in Pirano and dinner in Koper. Is this realistic? We are not interested in seeing the caves. What else is there to see along the drive. Thanks.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

You can do this in a couple of hours, no problem, but if I am understanding you correctly, I think you get to Koper before you get to Piran. Would it not make more sense to have lunch in Koper and dinner in Piran, or am I not understanding you.

If you are not interested in the caves at Postojna, there is a place about 6 km nearby called Predjama Castle. Very interesting place...built right into the side of a mountain.

In Piran, try Restaurant Ivo. It's right on the wharf.

ft lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
99 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

We will be leaving Ljubljana early in the day so we wanted to drive to Pirano first and then backtrack to Izola then Koper. By the time we get to Koper it will be dinner time. I am so glad we can visit all three places. Which do you think is the nicest?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

Ok...so you are doing this kind of in a reverse order.

Personally, I liked Piran the best, but they are all nice places.

ft lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
99 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

Thanks for you help. What kind of food is served at Ivo Restaurant.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

Since they are on the coast, alot of fish....Sea Bass, It's very fresh. Turkey is big in Slovenia as well. You'll also find some pork, but not alot of beef. Usual vegetables & potatoes, etc.

6. Re: Driving from Ljubljana to Pirano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 02, 2009