We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in Piran - is it too long?

Sheffield
1 post
Save Topic
A week in Piran - is it too long?

My wife and I are planning a walking week in the Kranjska Gora area followed by a week in Piran. We would like to hear any comments on whether a week in Piran is too long.

gordie439@aol.com

Stone, Staffs
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week in Piran - is it too long?

Personally I think it might be - particularly depending on when you are going. Piran is tiny but cute. You can easily reach the Lippizaner stud and Skocjan caves from there, but I still think 2-3 days would be ample. Have you considered stopping in the Soca valley on your way down? Its gorgeous - would particularly recommend Pristava Lepena as somewhere to stop for at least a couple of days - preferably more. Kobarid is also nice for a day or so.

Let me know if I can help further.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week in Piran - is it too long?

I don't know what you would do in Piran for a week. It's just not that big a place. A couple of days should be good, including a visit to nearby Potoroz. I recommend Hotel Tartini and restaurant Ivo. Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Tartini
Hotel Tartini
455 Reviews
Piran, Slovenia
Ivo
Ivo
327 Reviews
Piran, Slovenia
Medvode, Slovenia
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A week in Piran - is it too long?

Hi!

The great thing about Slovenia is, that you can go anywhere in a day and come back to the hotel you're staying in. A week is too long for Piran, but you can go around, not just the sea area, but anywhere. Day trips can be great, by busm rent-a-car or even bike.

So think about more than beutiful, lovely Piran.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
California
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week in Piran - is it too long?

I am considering and researching a ferry and a few nights in Piran, from Venice. What day trips would people recommend from Piran? Day trips either in Slovenia and/or Croatia.

Thank you for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
CA, USA
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A week in Piran - is it too long?

Based on my experience, I would avoid day trips to Croatia because it can take you hours to cross the border each way.

Driving to Venice only takes a couple of hours.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
6. Re: A week in Piran - is it too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 24, 2009