We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from Ljublijana airport to Mons Hotel

florida
4 posts
Save Topic
transport from Ljublijana airport to Mons Hotel

I am a travel agent and I arrive around 2:30 pm on 9/29/06.

I will join a tour on who will board everyone on the 30th at the Mons Hotel. I am trying to decide would it be better for me to take public transportation to City Centre and enjoy that eve in Ljublijana, having to find an accommodation for that night or go straight to Mons and then go from there to City Centre. The confusion for me is to know where the Mons Hotel is in relation to the airport. If it is in the same direction towards city center, that would be easier than if it is an opposite direction. Please advise.

I need to know the best way to get to City Centre from Airport..

Is there a fast train to the city??. A shuttle bus??

What transportation is best to Mons Hotel?

If taxi, then what should I expect to pay??

slovenia
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from Ljublijana airport to Mons Hotel

If the tour leaves Mons hotel early in the morning, it would be certainly more convenient if you stay there for an overnight. Hotel Mons is on the outskirts of the city and the location is not very suitable for access to the city centre without a car. I have read on hotel web page that they offer transportation to the centre free of charge -see the details: www.hotel.mons.si/en/hotel_in_ljubljana/

Transportation from the airport is also mentioned so I suggest to ask about these while booking.

There is no fast trains or shuttles from the airport to the capital (you will understand when you see how small the airport is), just regular buses which are not very frequent– one per hour. Time table is on: www.lju-airport.si/eng/vsebina.asp?IDm=100

The journey from the airport ends in the city centre and if you decide to stay there the night before your tour I suggest you to book hotel Union - www.gh-union.si/ - or City Hotel - www.cityhotel.si/default-en.php

They are both very convenient located, so that you can walk there from the bus station and further to the old part of the city which will be of the only interest.

Taxi from the airport to the centre or to the Mons hotel would cost approx. 30 €.

As far as safety is concerned (mentioned in your second post) you shouldn’t be worried, but general precautions won’t do any harm.

Enjoy!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
610 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from Ljublijana airport to Mons Hotel

I work at the airport and I see the Hotel Mons bus shuttle almost daily, so they must have some kind of transportation arrangement for guests staying with them.

Ljubljana Airport is approx. 15 miles Northwest of the city center, Hotel Mons is on the Western side of the city center, within the beltway.

3. Re: transport from Ljublijana airport to Mons Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 19, 2009