We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slovenia in June

London
1 post
Save Topic
Slovenia in June

I am coming to Slovenia on 8th June to 13th June.

I arrive and leave from Ljubijana.

Could someone please advise me on the best places to visit. I would like to visit Bled and the coast. Is this possible?

What route would you suggest from Bled to the coast

London
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Slovenia in June

If you are driving & have not booked a hotel, on your way from Bled you could stay at Hotel Krn in Tolmin reasonable price & great scenery, whilst there walk down to the river confluence & also visit the ww1 museum,there is also a tourist office around the corner from the hotel. buy a map when you get to SLO, whatever route you take will be the right one!

On your way to the coast, Portoroz / Piran? You could visit the stables at Lipicia (Lipizzana horses) - check out the opening/tour timings first.

Predjama castle is well worth a visit & a short drive up the road is Postojna with it's marvellous cave system - get on the train inside the cave & clear your mind!

OK, head for Piran/ Portoroz, if you haven't booked a hotel try Apartments Maygut - a sharp left turn at the restaurant 500m from the seafront as you are going down the hill. From here you can easily walk to the beach at Portoroz or to the Venitian style port town of Piran, loads of restaurants & bars & the best sunset around!

bled
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Slovenia in June

You should stay in ljubljana for few days.If you haven't booked a hotel yet I advise you www.freeweb.siol.net/jena123-It is a perfect place , very clean,not expensive, frienly owner...

Phoenix
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Slovenia in June

Hello all,

I am a TA employee, and through the nominations submitted, this thread was brought to my attention. First, many compliments on the excellent material submitted here.

Second, I just wanted to let everyone know that I took my first shot at preserving this information in a format that will allow you to link to it without always having to "bump" it to the top. This is with our new TripAdvisor Inside feature, where anyone can edit and update information.

The page is here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g274873-s301/Ljubljan…

To see (and edit/create) more Ljubljana pages, go here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g274873-s1/Ljubljana:…

Again, this first pass was meant to be exactly that ... a first pass. From here, it's up to you to update and maintain the information, and add things I missed from the thread!!! :-)

Have a great day!

4. Re: Slovenia in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 15, 2009