We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Halls????

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Beer Halls????

Afternoon,

I have posted this on munich and warsaw forums as i am trying to figure out a cheap weekend for 3 couples (all in our late 30's). We love beer. Oh and cheese.....!

I wondered if Ljubljana has the same type of beer halls you find in Prague, Munich, Bratislava etc? I know Slovenia has the EURO. Munich looks like 3,50EUR for a half litre, Prague and Bratislava much cheaper. How does Slovenia compare?

Also, im not lazy (honest :-) ) but can anyone recommend a good CHEAP place to stay? Somewhere central is preferable if possible. I wait for your responses!

Jimbi

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer Halls????

There are several inns with reasonably priced beer. Some places even brew their own beer.

A double room in Ljubljana costs 50-250 eur.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer Halls????

When you say reasonable price, what are we looking at? Do you have any names of the beer halls that I can put in google map? I just want to be comfortable knowing there's enough to do to keep us occupied that's all.

Jimbo

Logatec, Slovenia
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer Halls????

Search Google with keyword "pivnica ljubljana", everything is on smaller scale here compared to city's mentioned above..

Price of a beer really heavily depends on the location. Large beer(0.5 litres), UNION or LASKO (Slovenian beers) in Ljubljana can costs anywhere from 1.90€ to 3.0€. You will most probably find prices between 2.40€ to 2.70€. Some bars in centre have significantly higher prices than bars that are only 100-200 meters away.

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer Halls????

Slovenia doesn't have beer halls comparable to places like Munich and thank god it isn't a lager lout/stag weekend type of place - let's hope it stays that way!

There are plenty of small bars, cafes etc. so no shortage of places to eat and drink but nothing on a big scale.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer Halls????

I agree, I'm not a lout and as you'll see from my posts I don't condone their behaviour. I seek out good quality beer, not because I like getting drunk, I just like trying something new and I enjoy how it tastes. Same as my other party members. We enjoy good beer and food and central europe has so far served me proud.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer Halls????

Hi Jimbo16,

It's 4 years since I went to Ljubljana but from my experience it is a great place to go out drinking with lots of good bars, but does not have typical German-style beerhalls.

The main area of bars is along Cankerjevo Nabrezje on the riverside (my favourite was Maček), and also some good ones along Trubarjeva cesta. The good thing about Ljubljana is that it's much smaller than the other cities you've listed so it's perfect for bar hopping as everything is concentrated in a smaller area, no need to use transport.

I stayed in the Hostel Celica which offers trendy hostel accommodation (double rooms also available) within walking distance of the city centre, right next to the Metelkova alternative-culture quarter where there are cheap bars too.

7. Re: Beer Halls????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 24, 2014