We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ljubljansko Barje pile

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ljubljansko Barje pile

Is there much to see?

What is the best way to get out there from a hotel in Ljubljana?

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ljubljansko Barje pile

Barje is part of Ljubljana, its just on the outskirts so there are buses which go there from the centre, its not very far away.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ljubljansko Barje pile

Do you mean the pile dwellings that became Unesco heritage recently? Those are located out in the marshes near Ig, to the southeast of Ljubljana. Otherwise some museums in Ljubljana have artifacts displayed, I believe you can see them in the National Museum and in the City Museum.

I don't know how much can be seen at Ig today, since these dwellings were discovered by archeological excavation. However the marshes are a protected area and a nice relaxing daytrip from Ljubljana, I would suggest renting a bicycle and going round to the pile dwellings, visit the Church of Saint Michael, an interesting church designed by Joze Plecnik.

The pile dwellings themselves are a relatively new and unknown attraction so I suggest contacting the landscape park info point at www.ljubljanskobarje.si/?lang=en or the Ljubljana tourist office at www.visitljubljana.si for more relevant information.

3. Re: Ljubljansko Barje pile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 21, 2013