We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ljubljana or Bled ?

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Ljubljana or Bled ?

We are in Slovenia for 2 nights only. We know we have to see ljubljana and Bled but the question is, where should we stay ? Bled or Ljubljana ?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
389 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

what about in the middle so you can see both places

http://www.dvor-jezersek.si/en/hotel/

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
64 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

Stay in Ljubljana and enjoy the happening and restaurants there, and visit Bled (and more!) as a day trip:

highlights.slovenia-explorer.com

Enjoy Slovenia!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

I second the previous answer. Stay in Ljubljana and enjoy the city which is especially beautiful and vibrant in summer. There are frequent, fast, comfortable and cheap buses connecting Ljubljana and Bled.

Edited: 7:04 am, June 06, 2012
Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

Agree with my friends above plus its less than an hour between both places and Ljubljana has much more going on than Bled in the evening especialy.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
63 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

Easy call - Ljubljana. More attractive, less crowded.

6. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:14 am, June 20, 2012
Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

We are doing a package tour which includes a day in Ljubljana but does not include dinner. Best restaurants for dinner? Do they accept American Express credit card? Visa only? Your advice is very much appreciated?

Washington/UK...
Level Contributor
604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

Yes, many restaurants accept American Express, but best look at door stickers. Very good restaurants are Spajza, Marley&me, JB, Sokol for Slovene food.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

It heavily depends on your budget.

If you are able to afford a really expensive dinner, visit JB, As or Maxim (about 100 EUR/person).

There are several reasonably priced places with good food and excellent service. I (personally) like the restaurant at the Ljubljana castle, Marley and me, Kavalino, Shambala, Separe, ... (25-30 EUR/person) You can also visit one of the traditional restaurants a few minutes drive from the center, Zabar or Kovac for example.

Visa, Maestro and Mastercard are widely accepted. Unfortunately I am not sure about Diners and American Express.

Edited: 12:10 pm, June 22, 2012
10. Re: Ljubljana or Bled ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 24, 2013