We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! 5 nights in Slovenia dont know how to split them!

Varese, Italy
Level Contributor
100 posts
298 reviews
Save Topic
Help! 5 nights in Slovenia dont know how to split them!

Will appreciate an advice ok, let's start: would love to visit as much as possible the whole country (I know that's impossible) but for sure would like to visit:

1. Postojna caves,

2. Catez or Lasko hot springs,

3. Portoroz so can visit Piran,

4. if possible overnight in a farm in wine produce area,

5. Lake Bled,

6. Ljubljana,

7. Maribor

8. The Gorisnica region

We are travelling with our own car so I guess that to get around will be easy for us especially if the country is not very big... the cities (Ljubljana and Maribor) we dont want to stay (to avoid city traffic stress) but will like to visit them if possible, maybe staying in a nearby area (Catez or Lasko or wine area) and getting there by train or bus... maybe just a day visit to Piran and Koper and skip Portoroz since we are planning to stay already a couple of days in Trieste by the sea... but would love to visit Slovenian coast too so dont know... hot springs for sure because of the kids, wine area because we love oenogastronomy... we are not looking luxury accomodation, so penzion or farm or guest house we would like to stay if somebody knows something under 100 euros will be perfect... geez I know that I'm asking too much but I appreciate if somebody can suggest how I can squeeze and visit as much as possible.....

Vipava, Slovenia
Level Contributor
946 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! 5 nights in Slovenia dont know how to split them!

Hi there!

We could recommend:

Day 1 - Trieste to Portoroz, tour Portoroz,Piran and Saltpans, go to Hudicevec Farm for overnight stay and close to Caves

http://www.hudicevec.si/ENG/

Day 2 - Do caves and Predjama, half day in Ljubljana, overnight at

Catez, Lasko or Olimia resorts

Day 3 - Catez, Lasko or Olimia resorts, all great for kids.

Day 4 - Wine area Jeruzalem, stay ay Hlebec www.hlebec-kog.net

(Ptuj and Maribor if you have time)

Day 5 - Bled, stay overnight then drive back to Italy.

See if that sounds good to you and have a nice trip

Greg and Rona

Ptuj
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! 5 nights in Slovenia dont know how to split them!

Above sounds great, being big fan of Haloze, lots of little vineyards and the locals love nothing more love to show you round there wine cellars. I would recommend a night there. If you have kids then they would love the hills and the forests. Five minutes takes you to the main road and ten minutes to Ptuj where you can get a train or bus to almost anywhere. Ptuj also has a large therme and the largest waterslides in slovenia, also a great place for kids.

Ptuj
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! 5 nights in Slovenia dont know how to split them!

Above sounds great, being big fan of Haloze, lots of little vineyards and the locals love nothing more love to show you round there wine cellars. I would recommend a night there. If you have kids then they would love the hills and the forests. Five minutes takes you to the main road and ten minutes to Ptuj where you can get a train or bus to almost anywhere. Ptuj also has a large therme and the largest waterslides in slovenia, also a great place for kids.

Varese, Italy
Level Contributor
100 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! 5 nights in Slovenia dont know how to split them!

Lots of thanks for both of you, especially Greg & Rona

5. Re: Help! 5 nights in Slovenia dont know how to split them!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 19, 2013