We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noisy Celica Hostel

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Finland
3 posts
Save Topic
Noisy Celica Hostel

I stayed at Celica Hostel in Ljubljana in May 2007 and can not help but warn people who are planning on staying there that it was VERY NOISY! Friday and Saturday nights were very noisy both in the bar area, hallway where the rooms are and especially outside. When I very nicely commented on the fact that I had not slept almost at all the second night the girl in the reception did not even say she was sorry. It seem as if her solodarity rather was with the young partying crowd outhside than with her guests who have payed to SLEEP.

The bar at Celica seems to be a popular place for people in the area to come to.

The building is very interesting I must add but if yuo want to rest go somewhere else! You can take the free tour of the building at 2 pm ewvery day thou - all the rooms are different and designed by artists.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
610 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

Very true! I as a local frequent Celica for parties, (mostly student) receptions or gatherings, so I always say it is a good place for the "lively" travelers, but not for people who want to rest and sleep at night :-). Too bad you didn't catch any of my advice beforehand ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

Argh we have reserved a room there for 3 nights at the end of our stay!

We did ask for a quiet room though as i heard "some" comments about noise before.

Are there any other cheapish recommended places to stay anyone?

Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

I am sorry! I don't know of any other place than PARK hotel just nearby which is a great location by the way. And you could try a quiet room but I would not think there could be a really quiet room in the building. We stayed friday and saturday night so they might be worst. There are other hostels in town but I don't know anything about the.

Good Luck!

Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

Than you Slo-Lju I had not seen the site before I was angry about the noise.

London, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

Well, we cancelled! I dont want to end our trip not being able to sleep - one night may have been fine, but not 3!!!! Thanks for the info.

Ljubljana
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

If you change your mind... there are also some other hostels in Ljubljana.

Hotel/Hostel Park, small Hostel Fluxus, Hotel Emonec... or private rooms/apartments http://www.ljubljana-apartments.com.

SPancek

Ljubljana
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

Dear CeliaFinland and other guests, who stayed at Hostel Celica,

On behalf of Hostel Celica staff I would like to express our apology for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. Celica staff usually endeavor very much in solving such situations and I assure you that in the future we will do our best in order to avoid similar inconveniences.

I would also like to give some explanation to what was mentioned:

Hostel Celica has a bar area on the ground floor, which closes at midnight, when also the quiet hours start.

The reception is responsible to avoid the events, which could produce deliberate noise during quiet hours in the hostel, or intervene, when such events happen. We invite guests to ask at the reception desk to intervene, when deliberate noise is caused during these hours.

Hostel Celica is located near the Alternative Cultural Center of Metelkova among galleries, clubs and event places, where ascending artists express their inspirations in different ways. There is a lively party scene going on during weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) in the clubs and bars, which creates both positive and negative comments among Hostel Celica guests.

We strive to explain our guests the vicinity of the ACC Metelkova clubs and try to invite them to join the events and parties.

Unfortunately - for the guests, who do not join the parties – sometimes we could not assure a completely noise-free night, because the noise comes from outside of the hostel. We are happy to offer cost free ear plugs to all guests, who would like to use them, and try to reduce the noise as much as we can.

I invite you to post questions or replies to this message or visit Hostel Celica web page for more information.

Martin for Hostel Celica staff

8. Re: Noisy Celica Hostel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 02, 2009