We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in March

high wycombe
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing in March

Hi, my wife and I are thinking about booking a skiing trip in Kranska Gora in the second week of march. We are both beginners, so I have two questions.

Is it worth going skiing that late in the season at Kranska Gora?

and also, is it good for beginners?

any suggestions would be really welcome.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
736 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in March

There is no snow atm so early march would be good! If you look at the pistes they look good for beginners, but I'd compare prices if you are absolute beginners. You may find the best deal would be Bulgaria (get a late deal with balkan and go through quidco for 4% cashback too) Once you've learned go elsewhere but when you look at ski pack prices Bulgaria are miles cheaper. Balkan are basic and the ski school are rubbish for advanced skiers but price wise for beginners it'll be cheaper. that said, if you can afford more, then Slovenia will hopefully be better!

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in March

This winter are lower Slovenian ski resorts poor on snow. Currently, mid-January, snow is just a sample. In short, a book two months in advance is a risk. I would therefore advise all who planned flights to Slovenia, consult the ski resort Krvavec, you can see just before landing your plane. There is some snow if it does not, they blow it.

A little better is on Vogel / Bohinj area. .

So far, the season of skiing in Slovenia is handicapped. Last year, even a foot of snow fell on March 18. Nobody can give guarantee, depends from weather...

Edited: 9:44 am, January 11, 2014
3. Re: Skiing in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kranjska Gora