We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike from Bohinj to Bovec

Which Kranjska Gora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hike from Bohinj to Bovec

Is this possible ?

I'm finding it hard to get information but think there may be a route from Savica to Dom na Komni and then Krn ?

I'm looking for the shortest, easiest route :-)

What map would you reccommend for these trails ?

PS. It will be in July so presume snow will no tbe a problem

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hike from Bohinj to Bovec

The route from Savica to Dom na Komni is well marked with the usual red and white circular markers. There is a parking area at Savica, payable during the summer, from where you start the walk and it takes around 1.5-2hours (depending on how fast you walk of course).

You need to get yourself a map of the Julian Alps.

To reach Krn its quite a long trek and would require an overnight stay.

Re snow - its still possible that in shaded areas there will be some - certainly there won't be on the route from Savica to Komna (well I shouldn't say certainly as you never know in the mountains and we had quite a bit of snowfall in the mountains this weekend but it would be VERY unlikely in July).

In any case, you should have good proper walking boots and walking poles would also be a definite advantage.

My partner is a mountain guide (in his spare time) and a member of the Slovene Mountain Rescue Team so if you need any more, just get in touch and enjoy!

Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hike from Bohinj to Bovec

Thanks SIASlovenia

I have ordered a map of the Julian Alps.

I would like to hike from Bohinj to Lepena with overnight in a refuge - I will study the map when it arrives

3. Re: Hike from Bohinj to Bovec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, June 21, 2013