We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

Which Jasenice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MONTICHIARI
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

helo, my husband, my 12 year old son and myself are thinking of going for New Year's eve for 4 days. Are there villages to visit? how should we expect the weather to be, is it on the mountains?

thanks for any info you can provide.

regards

anna and jacques

Ljubljana, SI
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

Hi,

the village which comes to my mind is Čatež with a nearby Čateške toplice (spa). Then there is a samll town of Brežice with a castle and a museum inside.

No, Mokrice are close to the Croatian border, the land is hilly but not mountanious, at least not in our sense.

Cannot comment the weather I'm afraid. ;-)

Cheers,

Beni

Ljubljana, SI
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

Oh,

only know I saw you posted the question in the Jesenice subforum. Well, Mokrice castle is near Jesenice na Dolenjskem, which is a village almost on the border with Croatian. The better known Jesenice are in the NW corner of Slovenia and it's an industrian town under the Karavanke mountain range. Nothing in common just the name. ;-)

Cheers,

Beni

MONTICHIARI
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

thanks Beni.

We hope to go to Slovenia, we think it looks great!

My question was, is here lots of snow in December?

I come from Northern Italy, near Lake Garda, I am used to cold weather but was wondering if it is high mountains, but you said it is just hilly.

I am sure we will find things to visit and do in these 3 days.

Thanks so much for your help,

Anna

Ljubljana, SI
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

oh, I see, you are the neighbours. I guess you are going to come by your car, so you are gonna have a lot of flexibility.

I cannot predict the snow situation. It can be snow or maybe not. Last year we hardly saw any snow in Ljubljana the whole winter. Today, in October, some places already had the first snowday.

Cheers,

Beni

MONTICHIARI
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

thanks so much, it must be exactly like here.....

we hope to come and enjoy your country

all the best

anna

6. Re: Golf Hotel Grad Mokrice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jasenice
Recent Conversations