We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a centre to Bohinj?

Which Bohinjsko Jezero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a centre to Bohinj?

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to stay at Lake Bohinj in a couple of weeks but I'm a little bit confused by the locations of accommodations: Different hotels/ B&Bs at Lake Bohinj have differing addresses, such as Stara Fuzina, Ribcev Laz and Ukank.

Is any of these areas a village or hub? Or is there no real centre at Lake Bohinj?

I want to stay by the lake, as we intend to hike, kayak, paraglide, etc. but I don't want to end up booking accommodation that's far from any restaurant or café.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

3 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a centre to Bohinj?

Bohinj is the name of the region and the municipality, the center of which is a town called Bohinjska Bistrica. The water park, Bohinj Park Hotel and Kobla ski centre are located in that town, but it is not by the lake, it is 6km to the east of the lake.

Ribčev Laz, Stara Fužina and Ukanc are the villages by the lake, though.

You can see all three villages on Google Maps, or check out this link: www.geopedia.si/#T105_x413556_y126904_s13_b4

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a centre to Bohinj?

Just map out any lodging before you decide to stay there and see where it is relative to the lake and towns.

FYI, if you are concerned about restaurants etc at all, just stay in Bled. It's only about a half hour drive to Lake Bohinj and a very easy drive.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a centre to Bohinj?

Thanks for your quick replies. Any of the villages on the lake sound good. I'll avoid Bohinjska Bistrica. I had a look at the area on Google maps. The maps on Tripadvisor (Bing?) tend to crash, freeze and fail a lot!

Reply to: Is there a centre to Bohinj?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bohinjsko Jezero