We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

Which Bled hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

We're going to Ljubljana in September and we only have two days in Slovenia, so I'm wondering - is it better to stay two nights in Ljubljana and day trip to Lake Bled or spend a night in each place? Is Lake Bled worth an overnight stay?

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

Only two days? Would say, make a trip to Bled, stay in Lju-hotel two nights!

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

Seeing as you only have 2 days, which is a shame, it would probably be easier to base yourself in Ljubljana and then take a day trip to Bled. It's easy as Slovenia is only small and will only take you about an hour by bus. Of course it also depends on what you are most interested in seeing/doing.

Ptuj
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

I may be wrong apart from hotels and some restaurants, there is no night life in Bled!?

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

Plenty of nightlife - bars, etc! Liveliest at weekends.

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

I wouldn't say its exactly lively in comparison to other towns and cities as Bled is only small but there are a number of restaurants, bars, pubs etc. It also depends on the season. During the summer its lively late into the evening but in the off-season, of course less so.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

It depends what you want to do. We stayed in Slovenia this summer and based ourselves in Bled for a week, then a couple of days on the coast at Piran and finally a few days in Ljubljana. We loved Bled and were able to travel from that base to Bohinj, Kranjska Gora, into the mountains and the walk the gorges etc. Bled suited us as we could swim in the Lake everyday and we felt there was lots to do locally.

Ljubljana is a very beautiful city but is also very small for a capital and I preferred to be staying beside the Lake with its clean air and stunning scenery than in the city.

Enjoy your trip whatever you choose.

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

My choice would be to stay in Bled and do a day or half-day trip to Ljubljana. If you are flying into Ljubljana, note that the airport is between Ljubljana and Bled.

8. Re: Is it worth it to stay overnight in Bled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 25, 2014