We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help, please!

Which Bled hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
180 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help, please!

I will probably visit Slovenia in mid-october and i would need some help if possible.

I should arrive at Ljubliana Airport in the morning and my plans are:

Day 1: Ljubliana

Day 2: Bike tour ( possible only on thursdays) (?)

Day 3: Postojna Cave and (maybe, if i have taxi to) Predjama Castle

Day 4 : Hire a car and drive do Bled (and škofja loka on the way).

Day 5: Lake Bohinj and Vintgar Gorge

Day 6: Give back the car and travel by bus to Venice

--

My doubts are:

Shoul I split my stay in LJU and Bled or shdould I stay in Ljubliana and do day trips to all these places on y own or in guided tours?

If I split my stay and DON'T hire a car how could I visit Skofja Loka? From Bled? From Ljubliana? By bus?

Is easy to go to Lake Bohinj and Vintgar Gorge from Bled? Could I do this trips in one day or should I have 2 days?

Do You think worth the bike tour through "Slovenian Tuscany?"

Do you think mid-october is a good time for this?

I know I have done too much questions. Sorry for that, but any help will be appreciated.

Thank you so much

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help, please!

Where do you go biking?

You should hire a car day before and drive to Postojna(40min), so you can drive to the castle, only 10km by yourself!

Early morning start to Bohinj, than back to Bled, Vintgar! Visiting Sk.Loka on back driving.

With public transportation (bus, 7.00h) is possible, but you must take a taxi Bled to Vintgar, aprox.12€ each way. And return Bled - Kranj, Kranj Sk.Loka, than Sk.Loka to Ljubljana.

If in October nice weather can be ok, but who knows.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help, please!

Hi SIEagle, thank you for your help!

About biking it's a organized tour to Brda region but I was checking and I think it will not be possible since i saw I will need to back to Ljubliana to take the bus to Venice.

I've never rented a car before. So, i am a bit scared about this (driving, parking, fining, etc...) Sometimes car is a problem ...

But, maybe this is the best option. I would prefer not to rent a car.

However, if I rent a car I think I will drive to Bled on the first day. So I will have to change my trip. What do you think?

Day 1: Arrive Ljubliana 11 am and drive to Bled/ spend afternoon in Bled

Day 2: Lake Bohinj and Vintgar Gorge

Day 3: Drive to Sk Loka and Postojna Cave /Predjama Castle; back to Ljub

Day 4 :Ljubliana

Day 5: Travel by bus to Venice early morning

Do you think that days 1 and 2 are enough to Bled and surroundings?

Do you think the day 3 is possible? Or it's too much? Maybe I need 1 extra day to split Sk loka and Postojna cave into 2 days?

Thank you again!!

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help, please!

Now is a little confused all.

You can drive with a bus early direct to Bohinj lake. Return after 2 hours, you must take a bus at 7.00h to Bohinj (morning) - Bled(afternoon). Both in one day.

Postojna caves next day, castle only with taxi, may be local bus? Return to Lju. bus to Sk.Loka.

Ofcourse, with a car is much much better and not so hurry everywhre...

Driving is not complicated, same in all EU, parking only on marked places...

For too fast driving are fines high!

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help, please!

Thank you for your advice!!

5. Re: Itinerary help, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 20, 2014