We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bled Castle

Russia
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bled Castle

Is it possible to reach Bled castle from Bled without car?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bled Castle

Yes, it's a short and very pleasant walk from the lake to there.

Edited: 12:00 pm, January 27, 2011
Russia
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bled Castle

Thank you! We were near,but how can we get to the top??? It looks like as very long way upstairs...

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bled Castle

It is possible (but not very impressive) to follow the road. The other option is to start somewhere above Rikli's villa and walk through the forest. This path can be rather unpleasant in case there was a lot of rain in the previous days.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bled Castle

I do not recommend the path to the castle. The road maybe, but even here not too friendly and eisy, especially not with small children. If the weather is nice tomorrow, u can call me, Eagle.

Edited: 4:24 pm, January 27, 2011
Russia
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bled Castle

Thank you very much for advices.

I don't know why,but I can not send private messages. That is why I write my answers here.

For SLO_SLO: Thank you! Could you explain more detail? We leave in Hotel Golf. Should we go along lake and go upstairs near the church? 600 m is OK.

For Eagle: Dobriy den! Happy to read message from you! Thanks again for great transfer from airport!

We would like to walk to Castle,because walking is what we need (and baby too). We leave in big city and always go by car. It is not good for health.

Here is so fresh air and pleasant weather (may be temperature is same as in our city,but we have cold wind and you haven't)!

But if way is long or very tired, we will take taxi. Could you send me price (and for trip to Lesce Bled too,please).

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bled Castle

Vivy, you have mobile, I'm ready to come ant to show you all?

and I do not read msgs whole time!

Edited: 4:53 am, January 28, 2011
Russia
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bled Castle

Yes,we have mobile,but price of calls (when we abroad) are so high, we prefer don't use it. It is about 4.5 euro per minute and for incoming calls and SMS too (a bit cheapper).Sorry!!!!!

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bled Castle

Please note that the path from the lake up to the castle is closed and has been for some time for repair work.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bled Castle

Call from reception from H.Golf!

You should told me, in my service is also local mobile phone possible!

Russia
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bled Castle

I sent you email. It is not urgent,because our baby don't feel herself good today.

Get answers to your questions about Bled