We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Lake Bled 2011

Which Bled hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding in Lake Bled 2011

Please can anyone advise us on the best time of year to get married in Lake Bled? We are hoping to have it warm but not to hot as we do have a couple of young children within our party. We have been looking at around September 23rd however after research I am now concerned that this may be to cold and wet so would we be better to look at August?

We are looking to get married in the castle & also have our reception there for around 15 people. We are hoping to then go to the church island to ring the bells between the service and reception. Does anyone have any recommendations they would give us.

We are looking to stay at the Pension Mayer.

Any of your thoughts, comments and experinces would be gratefully recieved to assist us in having a magical wedding.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wedding in Lake Bled 2011

Can be a problem with reservations! Decide quick !

Hotels as Toplice, Vila Bled...

Pensions Meyer, Berc, Apl....

Hotel Vila Bojana, Vila Preseren...

all you can find:

http://www.bled.si/en/

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wedding in Lake Bled 2011

Hi,

We got married in Bled last September (2011), and as we used this forum to organise our wedding, I'd like to give some advice in return for other couples planning their wedding in this amazing place!

September was the perfect month, as the weather was sunny but not too hot. The locals told us it was an exceptional month however. We organised the whole wedding ourselves, and found that there was no need whatsoever for wedding planners (it was a very small wedding, so manageable).

We booked three nights at Penzion Berc for us and our family, which is very romantic, friendly service, delicious breakfast buffet and good price. Our wedding dinner was at Restaurant Mayer, which is literally around the corner, and heavenly food. They even decorated the table with rose petals, as a surprise. We went back there the next day.

The wedding itself was arranged directly with the registry office (at no cost at all!), and with the help of a translator, Ms Cilka Demsar of Evropa Bled, who put in the application for us, and translated the ceremony (required, 100 euros in all). Again, all went very easily and we had to send the documents with translations 3 months in advance (we did the necessary translations through a friend, then got them legalised). The only surprise was that, upon arrival in Bled a week before the wedding, we heard that the time of the ceremony was changed to one hour earlier. As we were very flexible, this wasn't a problem. The ceremony was beautiful, with our own chosen music, a personal and warm speech by the town mayor himself, and in the most romantic room with a view over the lake.

The rest of the weekend we spent with the family enjoying Bled, without the need for any reservations nor high expenses: rented a rowing boat to visit the island on the lake, walk to the castle (entrance fee), walk/cycle around the lake and enjoy the beach on the other side (free bikes from penzion).

All by all, this was the most beautiful day in our lives, and the most romantic location you could imagine! Totally recommended to everyone!

ps. girls, don't forget to make your hubby carry you up the 99 steps on the island - not just the last step! My man proved himself to me and the whole family! Seriously impressed ;)

ps2. we also recommend staying in Slovenia for the honeymoon, as the whole country is stunning!

england
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wedding in Lake Bled 2011

Hi,

I have been to Bled and I love it. I would really like to get married there but cannot afford an expensive wedding planner and would like to do it myself. Does anyone know how I could get a reputable interpreter? Do I just contact the registry office with dates for next year?

14. Re: Wedding in Lake Bled 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 28, 2013