We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

We are considering Lake Bled as a wedding destination and would like any advice/help that anyone can provide on all aspects of arranging a wedding out there.

We are planning on having a wedding party of approx 25-35 people and would like any recommendations of potential reception venues serving good food in good surroundings. Any indications of cost would be very helpful to give us guidance.

We have made contact with the company Primavera Bled (wedding planners) but are a little disappointed with the length it has taken them to respond to our initial enquiry (2 weeks) and would welcome any views people have on this company or any other wedding planning company covering Lake Bled.

Thankyou

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,748 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

While you are waiting for a reply, have a look at the posts below.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274863-i502-k1168…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274863-i502-k9911…

2. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:38 pm, December 14, 2013
Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Hi,

We are getting married in Bled in August 2008 and are using Primavera Bled. They are definatly slow to respond to most things however in our experience when they do respond they are very efficient always answering all our questions and helping us out. We also went to Bled and met with Iztok who owns the company and he is extremely nice. We used to get stressed at the slow reply but have come to realise that they do not opperate quite in the same way we do in England when it comes to weddings, in that you dont have to book everything so far in advance. This is their busiest time of year with weddings and so are focuing on those who are getting married now and once the summer is over I am confident that they will start to focus on those getting married next year.

We are having our reception in the castle but have around 70 guests so I am not sure what it would be like to have a smaller number of guests. You do not have to pay to hire the castle but just the food. The menu we are going for is around 54 euros per person which includes a drink package too.

Hope that helps

Surrey
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Hi there,

My wife and I got married in Bled on 17th December 2005 and had an absolutely perfect wedding. We had about 60 guests and got married in the church in the middle of Lake Bled and had a magical experience. We used Primavera Bled and would unreservedly recommend them. They are an extremely professional company, who have been organising weddings for a number of years now so they have heaps of experience. We could not fault them at all. They have many local contacts (as they are a local family) and can tailor-make your wedding. We had an opera singer (who we would certainly recommend), a string quartet and fireworks afterward. considerably cheaper than a UK wedding too! Primavera Bled looked after all the small details, and they have a shop in the town (opposite Hotel Toplice) which is useful for guests.

As for cost it is difficult to say but it depends on all the add ons. For us we calculated it to be a third of the price of a similar UK wedding.

If you have any questions, please post here and i will try and answer them.

Hope this helps

Julian & Lisa Bessa

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Hi Julian and Lisa,

My partner and I are getting married in Lake Bled on December 5th 2008..... and I was wondering as you got married at a similar time of year, whether you could tell me a little about your wedding. What I'm most interested in hearing about is how cold it was over there? As in was it snowing/was the lake frozen, or was it raining? I know you can't plan for the weather!

Also, did you find Bled particularly quiet at the time? And finally, was your reception venue decorated with Christmas decs?

Sorry for all the questions - just very excited!

Becca

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Hi Steph,

We're also having our reception in the castle with a similar amount of guests... did you get your ceilidh sorted ??? Isn't is crazy that there's no hire fee for the castle- can you imagine getting a free castle in England!!!!

Also, do you know how late you're allowed to stay at the castle for? I'm not clear on how late the bar will stay open?

Primavera have got a bit sick of me pestering them at the moment and told me they can't get back to me until the end of the month!

Ooh finally, how are your guests going to get up to the castle? I'm considering hiring a minibus or something to transport people up from the lake, I know it's not that far, but I'm worried about some of the older relatives getting up there!

Hope everything's going well for you,

Becca

Westport
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Getting married in Lake Bled in July 2008 & I'm also experiencing delays with Primavera but I take great comfort in the fact that's it's not just me! I ask a lot of questions also don't worry!!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Hi Julian & Lisa

You didn't mention where you had your wedding reception, would you mind giving some information about it ie quality of the food and what sort of entertainment you had in the evening. How different/similar to an english reception was it?

Although I want don't want to marry in England, I do like the idea of a good meal followed by the usual party etc

Thanks

Kim

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Hi London Becca

Just some about your reception being held at the castle. I am certainly interested in this but know next to nothing about what to expect from it. Could you help at all?

Will you be having a sit-down meal and a party afterwards like a usual english reception or is it entirely different? Also would you be able to give me an idea of how much the meal costs per person?

I am trying to get a rough idea of the cost of the wedding. Originally we guessed we'd have about 40 guests but I think it is likely to be more like 60.

I think we're gonna make a trip out there at the end of November but between now and then I'd like to find out as much as possible.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arranging a Wedding in Lake Bled

Sorry meant to address my email to Steph as well as London Becca, and I've just seen Steph has given a guide to the price of the meal !

Get answers to your questions about Bled